Standardization is key in preparing brown bag lunches for the family. In our case, we make 4 brown bag lunches Monday to Friday.
Our standard brown bag lunch consists of:
- 2 or 3 fruit snacks
- Cheese String or 1 Laughing Cow Wedge
- Coffee (for the adults)
- More recently, an occasional morning smoothie (if my loving wife gets up early enough in the morning)
Breakfast is as simple as oatmeal, cereal, and or simply bread with jam or nutella, or a hard boiled egg. Lunch is primarily leftovers for the previous evening’s dinner.
Our fruit supply for the week can consists of:
- 3 or 4 bunches of bananas
- canteloupe or honeydew
- pears (if in season)
- strawberries (if in season)
- blueberries (in in season)
- nectarines (if in season)
Having standard components to brown bag meals certainly helps alleviate some of the stress in prepping for the following day.